EAA to use local airport for practice
Aerobatic pilots that will be a part of of EAA AirVenture 2012 will practice at Waupaca Municipal Airport-Brunner Field.
When the Common Council met on May 15, it approved establishing a Temporary Air Box at Waupaca's airport from July 10 through Aug. 10.
The request came from EAA.
EAA AirVenture will be held in Oshkosh July 23 to 29.
The dates for the Temporary Air Box include days after EAA AirVenture, because pilots will also be practicing for an event being held after EAA's event.
Pete Andersen, the fixed base operator at the local airport, said he has been told the pilots will be here for two to three hours at a time when they practice.
They will first walk out their plans before taking to the air to practice them, he said.
"It will be the best of the best of the world," Andersen said. "It will be quite an opportunity that you don't get normally."
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning