EAA to use local airport for practice
Aerobatic pilots that will be a part of of EAA AirVenture 2012 will practice at Waupaca Municipal Airport-Brunner Field.
When the Common Council met on May 15, it approved establishing a Temporary Air Box at Waupaca's airport from July 10 through Aug. 10.
The request came from EAA.
EAA AirVenture will be held in Oshkosh July 23 to 29.
The dates for the Temporary Air Box include days after EAA AirVenture, because pilots will also be practicing for an event being held after EAA's event.
Pete Andersen, the fixed base operator at the local airport, said he has been told the pilots will be here for two to three hours at a time when they practice.
They will first walk out their plans before taking to the air to practice them, he said.
"It will be the best of the best of the world," Andersen said. "It will be quite an opportunity that you don't get normally."
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program