Melanie Eskildsen is the recipient of an Outstanding Educator Award.
She received the award for her contributions to the READ 180 program at Weyauwega-Fremont Middle School.
Eskildsen is a reading teacher in the Weyauwega-Fremont School District, who teaches the READ 180 program to students in grades 6-8 and also teaches students in grades K-5 at Weyauwega Elementary in the Title 1 Reading program.
The READ 180 program is in its first year of being offered as a course at the middle school level.
It focuses on raising the reading achievement level for struggling readers to bring students who are reading below grade level back up to grade level.
Students work with interactive computer software, participate in small group instruction and also complete independent reading time.
A proposal was submitted earlier this spring, and Eskildsen was recognized for her achievement as the educator of this program.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning