Evening bike rides in Iola begin May 7
The first ride is at 6 p.m. Monday, May 7. The rides start at the carving of Vidar on State Street.
After the rides, some of the bikers are known to feast on gelato at The Millstone restaurant or ice cream at Shivers.
Ride lengths vary, but usually are from 15-25 miles, with the pace ranging from 14- 20 mph. Distance and speed on any given ride night is dictated by the level of the bikers who show up, weather and sunset time.
The rides are not races. The group practices a "no drop" policy, so no riders will be left to ride alone.
All riders must wear biking helmets.
The hilly terrain around Iola-Scandinavia means riders should be in good physical shape.
Occasional Saturday and Sunday rides in the area also take place as part of the Heartland Bike Club's summer and fall schedule, which can be viewed at www.heartlandclub.org.
For more information, contact Greg Loescher at email@example.com, or visit Bike Iola on Facebook.
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (1)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (2)
- Planting the seeds of learning
- Students collect 1.3 million pop tops
- West county communities observe Memorial Day
- East county communities observe Memorial Day