Family Night in Iola
Guest speaker is Shawn Williams, author and illustrator of the graphic novel "5 Pounds and Screaming." He is also the illustrator and co-creator of the comic strips "Simple Pleasures" and "Supe & Indy."
Williams will talk about writing and illustrating his novel, the process of getting published and help everyone create a simple cartoon.
"5 Pounds and Screaming" follows a young couple and their struggles with small town living, their urge to have children and with each other. This tale documents the everyday (but also magical) time between after the honeymoon and into the delivery room.
It is a love story for those who have children, or are about to have children. Williams' daughter is now seven years old.
This is a free program for all ages and is offered as part of the "Dream Big Read!" Summer Library Program.
For information, call the Iola Village Library at 715-445-4330.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program