Firefighter Experience set for March 31
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., with the program running from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be included.
Applicants must be students and/or live in the Weyauwega-Fremont School District or in adjoining school districts. They must be 14 to 18 years old.
Enrollment is limited, and Weyauwega firefighters will be visiting W-F High School during lunch times on Monday, Feb. 27 and Friday, March 16, which is the deadline for applications.
A $10 deposit is required with the application. It will be reimbursed at the completion of the course or if their application is denied.
Participants must also file parental consent forms.
Previous year's participants worked in full bunker gear with self-contained breathing apparatus while in search and rescue mode, operated the Jaws of Life, handling a charged water hose line, learned proper ladder placement and roof ventilation, put out a fire with a dry chemical extinguisher and got a view above the city in Waupaca's aerial truck.
Firefighters will have applications with them when they visit the high school. Completed applications should be mailed to the at Weyauwega Fire Department at P.O.Box 465, Weyauwega, WI 54983.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director