Fremont book club meets Feb. 28
The book chosen for discussion this month is The Zookeeper's Wife - A War Story. The nonfiction story by Diane Ackerman is about Jan and Antonia Zabinski, Polish, Christian zookeepers who saved more than 300 people during the Holocaust.
Ackerman is among the authors who will be attending the fifth annual Fox Cities Book Festival, April 11 to 18.
Copies of the book are available at the library. The library is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday; and from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director