Over the past week, the sixth grade at New London Intermediate School ran a "24 Game" Tournament, with 81 students participating in teams of three.
The "24 Game" is designed to help students create algebraic formulas and strengthen their understanding of number partners and the order of operations.
Students are given four, single digit numbers. Using those four numbers, the students must create an appropriate algebraic equation that is equal to 24.
Sixth grade teachers Cathy Zaddack and Jim Pompa hosted two preliminary rounds to narrow the championship round to eight teams.
The winning team, pictured here with their first place t-shirts, included (left to right): Kayla Klitzke, Ellie Madsen, and Sailor Thompson. All participants received a "24 Game" bracelet.
- County E project planned
- Weyauwega library hosts film on childbirth
- Chain Association to hold annual meeting
- Brat fry at Piggly Wiggly
- Cops make 20 calls to one bar (12)
- Fatal crash on U.S. 10
- Program on snakes at Mosquito Hill (2)
- Nominees sought for Community Heroes Award
- Celebrating summer at Strawberry Fest (9)
- Chain island namesake dies