Family and friends held a candlight vigil Friday, July 20, at Thunderbird Field for Dylan Thorne.
The Iola teen was killed in a crash on July 19 in the town of St. Lawrence.
The son of Timothy and Elizabeth (Feltz) Thorne, Dylan recently graduated from Iola-Scandinavia High School where he played football and wore number 21 on his jersey.
He planned to go to college this fall and was working this summer at Sturm Foods in Manawa.
An estimated 150 people held candles and listened to music in honor of Thorne, while family and friends shared memories about him.
Kori Printz spoke about the pink shirt he always wore to the fitness center.
She later pointed to a star in the sky, saying, "That is Dylan watching over us."
There are now red solo cups that form a "21" at the scene of the accident. Personal messages are written on them.
Next to them stands a cross covered with balloons, Mardi Gras beads and flowers.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program