Lindsay Kowaleski has become the first National Merit Scholar from Little Wolf High School.
Based on her skills, accomplishments and test score on the PSAT/NMSQT, Kowaleski received this prestigious recognition. Scholarships awarded through National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) programs are regarded as some of the highest academic honors attainable by U.S. high School students.
"I was really excited because it's a national thing and I really did not think I had a chance of getting it," said Kowaleski about receiving the scholarship.
Kawaleski said she plans on attending UW-La Crosse to major in Spanish and minor in German. She said she isn't exactly sure what type of job she wants after college, but wants something with interpreting in the travel industry.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director