Terry W. Lathrop, son of Robert S. Lathrop of New London, advanced to the rank of Master Chief Boatswain's Mate in the United State Coast Guard in a ceremony held at Coast Guard Station Jones Beach Sept. 30.
Master Chief Lathrop is a 1981 graduate of New London High School. Master
Chief Lathrop enlisted in the United States Coast Guard in Milwaukee, WI July 1986 and completed boot camp in Cape May, New Jersey Sept. 1986. Master Lathrop has been assigned as the Officer in Charge of Coast Guard Station Jones Beach, Long Island New York, since June 2009.
Lathrop is pictured here with a Packer flag he displays proudly at the station in New York.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program