Lees sisters publish two books in one
Lonnie Lees and Arlette Lees, who are sisters and former Manawa residents, have released their latest book with Wildside Press.
The book is a double, which means it is two books bound together in one volume - "Cold Bullets" and "Crawlspace."
The Lees family has a long history in Manawa. Their French ancestor, Julias Belot, built the house at 823 Depot Street in 1889. The house passed out of the family for decades until Lees' parents purchased and renovated the house in the 1990s. Their great aunt, Pearl Lees, was the first paid librarian at what is now Sturm Memorial Library.
Both Lonnie and Arlette have had items published in various genres for decades, it wasn't until they were in their sixties and found their permanent niche in pulp fiction that their writing took off.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director