Legion to hold chicken barbecue
It is the post's main fundraiser of the year.
Serving will begin at 11 a.m., and carryouts will be available.
The menu will include a half chicken, baked potato, coleslow, roll and milk.
The Legion Auxiliary Unit 391 will hold its annual bake sale at the same time, in the Fremont Village Hall.
Proceeds from the events will go toward sponsoring local delegates for Badger Boys State and Badger Girls State, youth athletics, Legion Baseball, scholarships, kiddie parades and youth parties.
Donations are also made to various local veteran programs, the Wisconsin Veterans Home in King and to veteran assistance programs.
In addition, the Post will be replacing the roof on the Legion Clubhouse this year.
Hope United Church of Christ will also hold its annual pie and ice cream and social that day and the Neuschafer Community Library will hold a book sale in the village hall.
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (1)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (8)
- Planting the seeds of learning
- Students collect 1.3 million pop tops
- West county communities observe Memorial Day
- East county communities observe Memorial Day