Local students attend FFA Farm Forum
The Waupaca County Farm Bureau and the Waupaca FFA Chapter sponsored Morgan Eilers, Morgan Orr and Nicole Jacowski. who participated in the eent Feb. 24-25 in Wisconsin Rapids.
The FFA Farm Forumgives high school students an opportunity to learn more about careers in agriculture and explore their potential roles as future agricultural leaders.
FFA members from around the state attended workshops that addressed misconceptions about agricultural, agricultural careers, being a boss, opportunities for agricultural promotion, preparing for technical college and young farmer and agriculturist program opportunities.
The featured speaker for Friday's opening session was Craig Culver, founder and owner of Culver's Frozen Custard. Other speakers included Bill Bruins, president of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation, and Jillian Beaty, Oregon High School agriculture education teacher and FFA advisor who graduated from the 2011 Farm Bureau Leadership Institute.
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens
- Sweets' Glass Treats opens in King
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held