Manawa Area Food Pantry volunteers (L-R) Jan Zimmerman, Wanda O'Hare and Barb Baumgartner accept a check from Manawa Telephone Company president, Thomas Squires, as they begin to prepare food baskets for the holiday season.
Donations have been steady from area drop off points, but organizer Zimmerman stated that donations are needed throughout the whole winter season when heating bills are on the rise and the food budget tends to suffer. Regular food donations can be made at the Coldwell Banker office in downtown Manawa.
To volunteer, call Zimmerman at 920-596-3744 and leave a message. The Manawa Area Food Pantry is open Mondays from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens
- Sweets' Glass Treats opens in King
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held