Master Gardeners hold plant sale
Marilyn Herman, UW Extension family living educator, will provide harvest tips, garden ideas and talk about traditional and new plant varieties.
The annual sale features plants grown for this region. Flower gardeners will find a wide selection of perennials, annuals, grasses and ground covers. Container plants, butterfly garden plants and shrubs will also be available. Plants for the vegetable garden include seedlings and herbs.
Plant selections have been made by Master Gardener Volunteers with years of gardening experience growing plants in this area of Wisconsin. Plants are labeled with care instructions, including light and soil requirements to meet a variety of garden situations such as sun, shade, moist, dry and different soil types.
Master Gardener Volunteers are available throughout the day to answer gardening questions and assist with plant selection.
The spring plant sale is the primary fundraiser for the Waupaca County Master Gardener Association. Proceeds fund community beautification, outreach and education programs throughout Waupaca County.
Admission to the sale is free and the site is wheelchair accessible. For more information, contact Greg Blonde at 715-258-6230, ext. 12.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director