New name for city road
County Road AA and County Road X within the city's northern limits has been named Boundary Road.
The Common Council voted to do so when it met on March 19.
Jim Baehnman, a member of the city's Plan Commission, brought forward four possible names for the road.
He explained to the council that Waupaca County has been working to not have duplicated road names. As a result, Baehnman researched what names are already been used.
He told the council that a current city of Weyauwega resident, who lives on the road, does not have an address. As result, the address would not be recognized by emergency management.
The city's Plan Commission suggested four options - Home Avenue, Train Drive, Packer Drive and Boundary Road - with the council quickly agreement to name it Boundary Road.
"It doesn't affect anyone who lives in the town of Weyauwega or the town of Royalton," Baehnman said. "Only city residents will be affected."
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning