New name for Riverview Park
Riverview Park has been renamed Rotary Riverview Park.
The Common Council voted in favor the name change during its March 20 meeting.
The request for the name change came from the Waupaca Breakfast Rotary Club.
"They've pretty much taken on this park as a project. They're asking that it be renamed," said Parks Superintendent Russ Montgomery.
The park will get new signs. The park's arch on Main Street will continue to say "Riverview Park" but will include the addition of a Rotary symbol on the arch's posts.
It was noted that renaming Riverview Park may clarify the difference between the downtown park and another city park - Riverside Park.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director