Pre-fair judging begins Aug. 10
Junior Fair entries are in and youth around the county are busy preparing their many projects for exhibition.
One of the biggest events at the County Fair is the judging of exhibits. Members have a chance to explain and display what they learned throughout the year in numerous projects.
Most of the judging is during the Waupaca County Fair, Aug. 22-26. However, there are some projects like dogs, cats, small pets and foods which are judged prior to the fair in August.
The public is invited to attend the Dog Project Agility judging at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, at the fairgrounds in Weyauwega.
Also, project members participate in dog obedience and showmanship judging beginning at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, at the fairgrounds. On this same day, cats and small pets will be judged at 9:30 a.m. at the fairgrounds. This is a great place to see the results of hard work and care with small animals of many species.
The public is also invited to attend the Waupaca County Foods Judging on Saturday, Aug. 18. The judging will begin at 9 a.m. at Little Wolf High School in Manawa. This event is where all of the Junior Fair foods and nutrition entries will be judged.
For more information, call the Waupaca County UW-Extension Office at 715-258-6230 or visit the Waupaca County Fair website at www.waupacacountyfair.org.
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center (3)
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license (1)
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens (1)
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held
- Council considers funding for tourism effort