Taylor Remington has received the state Kohl Excellence Scholarship.
The scholarship is based on talents, activities, service, essay completion and letters of recommendations. Candidate applications from Little Wolf High School were scored and winners were sent on to the regional CESA 6 office. Winners from the CESA #6 were sent to the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation in Madison where the final Kohl Excellence Scholarship winners were chosen.
Remington said she wrote her essay about her future goals and what she wants to do in college and in her career. She plans on attending UW-Stevens Point to study special education.
"When I first heard I made it on to the state level I was really excited about that," Remington said. "When I heard that I actually won it, I know there were a couple [of students] in the state and I think I was the first in the school to ever get it. I was really excited."
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning