The dust from the 54th Annual Mid-Western Rodeo in Manawa may have settled, but the winners of some contests were recently announced.
Many community businesses participated in decorating contests which consisted of Windows/Outside Dècor, Interior, and Western Wear categories. First place received $50, second place received $35 and third place received $25.
In the Windows/Outside Dècor category, Baylake Bank received the first place award. Second place went to Subway and third place to Flower Pot.
Eastling Insurance office received a first place in the Interior category. It was followed by Baylake Bank and Manawa Telephone Company.
Baylake Bank also won the Western Wear category. Manawa Telephone Company finished second, with Sell's Chiropractic finishing third.
Prizes were also awarded for different categories for participants in the parade.
Miscellaneous Float: Bear Lake ($60), Denise Krause Gypsy Horses ($30) and Manawa FFA ($20).
Horse & Wagon: Crossing Supper Club ($60), Kurtz Team ($30) and Neshkoro Lions ($20).
Riding Clubs: Rodeo City Riders ($100), Seekers of Savy ($75) and Pink Riders ($50).
Individual Horse: (Tie) Kathy Schoen and Julia Schoen ($45 each), Emma Schoen ($25) and Meg Reynolds ($25).
Patriotic: White Lake Green House ($60), Baylake Bank ($30) and Fence Line ($20).
Antique Tractor: Ray Much ($60), Jake Levezow ($30) and Walt Janke ($20).
- Manawa citizens concerned about sand mine's impact
- Board to consider fundraising deadline for fitness center (1)
- ArtyFest to use Legion's liquor license (2)
- Contract for 4K Community Collaborative approved
- WPPA Fly-In is this weekend
- City band concert set for June 21
- Breakfast on the Farm
- New London Remembered exhibit opens (1)
- Ms. Waupaca County Senior Homemaker Pageant held
- Council considers funding for tourism effort