School Board adopts tentative 2012-13 budget
Business Manager Jenny Goldschmidt explained to the board that the district does not yet have any information on what its state aid will be, as the state has not reported those numbers to the district yet; however, Goldschmidt was able to offer a revenue limit comparison based on this year's projections and previous year's annual amounts.
The districts revenue limit is down nearly $2 million from two years ago. This year's projection is $13,820,104, compared to $15,730,138 in 2010-11. District grants, not including ARRA funds, are down roughly $206,000 from last year.
All funds except Fund 10 are currently balanced. Fund 10 expenditures are listed at $15,396,784, while Fund 10 revenue is listed at $14,902,721.
Goldschmidt said a complete report of the district's budget will be presented once state aid numbers become available to the district.
The board voted unanimously to adopt the tentative budget amount, to be presented at the Budget Hearing and Annual Meeting for the 2012-13 school year.
The board went on to approve the following:
• Hiring Ronessa Lund (head varsity softball), Kevin Godfrey (Forensics coach) and Lindsay Davis (Honors Reading);
• The resignation of Elisha Wagenson from her elementary teacher position, effective immediately;
• Hiring teachers Maggie Burton (6th grade), Abigail Pulvermacher (middle school band), and a middle school EEN teacher;
• Shifts in some teacher assignments for 2012-13;
• Updates to the employee handbook;
• The resignation of Carl Bruggink from his JV girls basketball coaching position, effective immediately;
• The first reading of revisions to food service fees for 2012-13; and
• The resignation of Becky O'Brien from her music teacher position, effective immediately.
The board voted to table an action item relating to the purchase of a new dish washing machine for the middle school kitchen. A decision will be made once more bids are received.
The next school board meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. Monday, July 9, at the middle school IMC. There will be no second school board meeting in July.
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (1)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (3)
- Planting the seeds of learning
- Students collect 1.3 million pop tops
- West county communities observe Memorial Day
- East county communities observe Memorial Day