Schutt withdraws rezoning request
Schutt Industries purchased the land in 2010. The land was zoned R1 (single family residential) so they request it be rezoned to I1 (industrial). Their hope is to use the land for trailer parking now and possible future expansions later for things like parking lots, though they have no set plans at this time.
Neighbors adjacent to the land indicated objections at a recent Plan Commission meeting, stating that they thought it was best to withdraw the application and go over the land ideas again in order to find a solution that makes sense for both Schutt Industries and the neighbors.
"We are not sure what they will ask for in the second go around but it is likely that they may ask to rezone only part of the land to I1 (industrial) versus all of it," said City Administrator Lisa Kuss. "They have also hired an architectural firm to assist with future expansion plan ideas."
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning