Spruce tree giveaway
On Saturday, April 21, 1,000 Majestic spruce trees will be given away at Remington Foods in Manawa from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Each person is limited to 10 trees.
A Brat Fry will also be held in conjunction with the tree give away. This event is part of the Lions Clubs International Million Tree Planting Campaign, a global campaign taking place from July 2011 to June 2012. It focuses on caring for the environment and communities through tree planting. To date, 8,262,335 trees have been planted worldwide.
"Lions clubs from around the world have been committed to protecting the environment for several decades and we understand that every small effort makes a big difference. That's why we are doing our part to reach our goal of planting a million trees," said Ron Roberts event chairperson.
In addition to the club's upcoming tree planting event, the club conducts a variety of projects including the Mid-Western Rodeo, eye glasses recycling, wheel chair ramp building, road side clean up and coats for kids. Lions clubs are groups of men and women who identify needs within the community and work together to fulfill those needs.
For more information on the tree give away or to get involved with the Manawa Lions Club, please contact Connie Klotzbuecher at 920-596-2051 or email@example.com.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program