Rev. Chuck Tews and Dave Forsberg placed the 1949 time capsule behind the new cornerstone of the Trinity Lutheran Church sanctuary.
A time capsule was included in the cornerstone of the new sanctuary on Wednesday, June 27, .This metal box was discovered in the northeast corner of Trinity last fall when construction began on the expansion project.
The 1949 time capsule included a history of the congregation, articles from the Waupaca County Post and programs for anniversary ceremonies dating back to 1921.
Members of Trinity Lutheran added an updated history, letters from the pastors to future generations, photos of the choirs, the confirmation class of 2012 and Tiny Treasures preschool, a portion of Helen Morey's Cantata and other items.
Items from 1949 and 2012 were placed into the time capsule, which was cemented into the east wall of the new building.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning