Tornado drill set for Thursday
On Thursday, April 19, a statewide drill is planned. At 1 p.m., the National Weather Service will issue a mock Tornado Watch and at 1:45 p.m. a statewide mock Tornado Warning. For the first time ever, radio, TV and cable stations across Wisconsin will participate in the drill. And for the first time, NOAA Weather Radios (also known as Emergency Weather Radios) will be tested during the drill.
The tornado warning at 1:45 p.m. will last about one minute on radio and TV stations across Wisconsin. The mock tornado watch/drill will end at 2 p.m.
If actual severe weather occurs anywhere in the state on April 19, the tornado drill will be postponed until, Friday, April 20 with the watch/warning issued at the same time.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director