The Weyauwega-Fremont Summer Drama Club will present "A Secret Garden" at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 3-4, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, in the high school auditorium.
Based on the book by Frances Hodgson Burnett, the play depicts the story of a young girl who loses her parents in an earthquake in India and is subsequently sent to live with her reclusive uncle.
The neglect leads the protagonist Mary Lennox to explore her newfound home with an inquisitive and often mischievious intent.
For the past six weeks, the cast and crew have been working to put o the show.
The summer drama club is made up of children ranging in age from 4 to 18.
Tickets for the show are $5. They may be purchased in advance from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, Thursday, Aug. 2, at the high school. They are also available at The Coffee Klatsch.
Each day of the show, there will also be a brat fry. They will be held at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3 and Saturday, Aug. 4 and 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5.
Proceeds will go toward the high school choir's December trip to Hawaii in which they will be among students from throughout the United States who honor veterans at the 50th anniversary of the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director
- More delays for Iola's bridge project (2)
- Park renamed after Jim Boyer
- Fire department plans fundraisers
- School district recognized for wellness program