Twenty-four students from Waupaca High School competed in the March 27 conference academic bowl at Xavier High School.
A total of seven schools participated, and Waupaca placed second to a seasoned Ripon team.
Students competed on an individual basis through a written test, and they competed as discipline-based teams in an oral quiz bowl which coverd science, social studies, language arts, math and current event questions.
This year's team was Alexa Johnson, Sheena Landers, Nick Jungers, Becca Reeves and Erin Rawson in language arts; Amanda Durfee, Ellen Ryder, Tarron Clary, Eric Cummings and Anya Janssen in social studies; Cole Pankratz, Ryan Weise, James Camann, Elliot Carlovsky and Robert Frye in math; Synthia Fenske, Zander Neuville, Caleb Kiesow, Marcus Lowe and Zach Waitrovich in science; and Liz Olsen, Morgan Eilers and Marisa Landsverk as the alternates.
Eleven students came home with a medal in their specific subject area. They were Pankratz, tied for third in algebra I; Camann tied for third in algebra II; Weise, first in geometry; Lowe third in chemistry; Kiesow, first in chemistry; Waitrovich second in physics; Ryder third in geography; Durfee, second in world history; Cummings first in world history; Jungers, second in American literature; and Landers, first in American Literature.
- Winchester ready to launch summer programs
- Strawberry Sam and Sally winners sought
- Book group meeting in Scandinavia
- Hospice seeks pet therapy volunteers
- Student art on display at Waupaca High School
- Senior Recognition Ceremony at WHS
- Friends of lakes group meets at Holly Center
- Lioness blood drive May 21
- Salon celebrates anniversary with street dance
- City hires new economic development director