WHS homecoming kicks off this weekend
Window decorating and float workshops will begin Friday, Sept. 14.
On Sunday, Sept. 16, there will be a powder puff football game at 4 p.m. at the high school practice field and boys volleyball at 6 p.m. in the high school gym.
Activities for the week include:
• Monday, Sept. 17: Senior Citizen/Tiny Tot Day; freshmen boys soccer versus Marshfield at 4:30 p.m. at WHS; junior varsity football versus Clintonville at 5 p.m. at Haberkorn Field; girls volleyball at Weyauwega-Fremont High School, with freshmen and junior varsity matches at 5:15 p.m. and varsity match at 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 18: You Are What You Eat Day; cross country varsity invitational at 4 p.m. at Wautoma; boys freshmen soccer at 4:30 p.m. at Wausau East; boys varsity soccer at 5 p.m. at Clintonville; and girls junior varsity volleyball at 5 p.m. at Berlin; window and skit judging; homecoming court coronation at 8 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
• Wednesday, Sept. 19: Color Day (staff-blue, seniors-black, juniors-green, sophomores-red and freshmen-gray); varsity girls golf conference at Wandersprings at 9 a.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 20: Movie Day; varsity cross country at 4 p.m. at Westfield Middle School; freshmen football at 5 p.m. at Little Chute High School; boys soccer versus Freedom at WHS, with the junior varsity game at 5 p.m. and the varsity game at 7 p.m.; girls volleyball versus Little Chute at WHS, with the freshmen and junior varsity at 5:15 p.m. and the varsity at 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, Sept. 21: School Spirit Day; pep rally at 1:45 p.m. in the gym; parade downtown at 5 p.m.; varsity football versus Little Chute at 7 p.m. at Haberkorn Field.
• Saturday, Sept. 22: Float cleanup; girls varsity volleyball invitational at 8:30 a.m. at Abbortsford; boys junior varsity and varsity soccer quads at 9 a.m. at WHS; semi-formal dance from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. in the high school commons, with the grand march at 10:30 p.m.
- Farmington citizens want County Q fixed
- Clintonville hires new principal
- Meet the artists on May 28
- Olsen, Petersen discuss school revenue
- More dam issues in Manawa (2)
- W-F schools have new principal
- Schroeder to serve on Dayton board (1)
- Lessons in design
- Principal Mummy (13)
- Planting the seeds of learning