County should regulate wild animals as pets
ABC-TV "20/20" had a report about the Weyauwega Animal Haven Zoo and how easy it is to obtain a wild animal.
The owner of Animal Haven Zoo was willing to give the reporter a tiger, maybe two, asking or requiring little or no credentials.
In fact, the report said there are very few restrictions on obtaining a wild animal in Wisconsiin. How can this be?
I cannot believe there are no regulations in obtaining a wild animal to keep as a pet. There are so many rules out there; this definitely is a public hazard.
Steps must be taken to ensure public safety.
This must be addressed and taken seriously at the next Waupaca County Board meeting.
- Veteran's perspective about Memorial Day (1)
- What conservatives mean by 'family values' (4)
- Game is about gaining control, keeping power (1)
- Owning guns is a constitutional right (5)
- Wisconsin benefits from Walker's spending cuts (1)
- Passing more laws will not fix problem (2)
- Common sense law means protecting people
- Those who disagree can be civil about it
- Background checks no threat to gun owners
- Stop the Dayton Chainsaw Massacre (2)