Democrats need to show compassion for taxpayers
You need to watch CSPAN to understand how insane our federal government has become.
I saw Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and his team outlining some proposed budget cuts in the House of Representatives.
Since 2001, illegal aliens (the legal term) have been claiming child tax credits from the IRS. Some of these claims include children not living in the United States.
This is now costing U.S. taxpayers billions of dollars each year.
The Republicans explained that all we need to do to cut this theft down is to require all people claiming such "refunds" to include their Social Security number on the form.
This very simple step would prevent illegals from this bogus "refund" scam, because they don't have Social Security numbers (being here illegally).
They end up with a net gain from the IRS through this scam. Who could oppose this common sense step to end this taxpayer abuse?
Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Maryland, rose and said he and the Democrats oppose this measure because it would impose a hardship on "hardworking immigrant families."
Notice, he drops the "illegal" and substitutes "hardworking" and paints himself compassionate as oppossed to those mean old Republicans.
When will Democrats show compassion for taxpayers, instead of facilitating these frauds? When will Democrats understand they are supposed to represent American citizens?
- Remember our fallen heroes
- What's the story on the UW surplus?
- Failing to buckle up has consequences (1)
- A case of the pot calling the kettle black (1)
- Veteran's perspective about Memorial Day (1)
- What conservatives mean by 'family values' (6)
- Game is about gaining control, keeping power (1)
- Owning guns is a constitutional right (5)
- Wisconsin benefits from Walker's spending cuts (1)
- Passing more laws will not fix problem (2)