Every vote counts in recall
Why vote on June 5? Aside from the fact that it's your right and duty to vote, there's a third reason to do so on June 5.
As of May 2h, polls showed Governor Scott Walker ahead of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett 50 percent to 45 percent. That might cause some Republicans not to bother voting.
Don't be fooled by this poll. Through Memorial Day, the Milwaukee and Madison polls will remain open every day including the weekend itself as well as Memorial Day in order to "accommodate" early voters. (Who authorized this?) There has been a non-stop line of seven passenger vans, loaded with people to vote as early voters in Milwaukee and Madison. The early voting officials cannot keep up, so they've extended their hours to cope with the hundreds of additional people. There were 93,000 absentee votes through May 23 statewide, with two weeks to go. Where are these people coming from? How many are legit?
Do you think these thousands of people were included in the May 24 poll? To my knowledge, there's only one way to offset this onslaught, and it is for every single Republican to vote in all areas of Wisconsin.
Since we're here in Waupaca County, there's absolutely no excuse not to vote on June 5. If you can't get to the polls, call me at 715-258-5530 or Louis at 715-256-0108 in Waupaca, or Fred at 920-982-2866 in New London, and we'll get you to the polls and back. Leave a message if we're out. Also, please call all of your Republican friends and acquaintances, and remind them to vote on June 5.
Our state cannot survive by going back to the spendthrift days of Jim Doyle by electing Tom Barrett.
- After a decade of delays, get it done
- Olsen owes voters an explanation
- Living under tyranny of federal government (3)
- In government, those with the most money win
- County ignores town of Union residents (2)
- Voucher deal is a Trojan horse
- County Q needs to be repaired (1)
- Sports have become our country's pacifier (2)
- Social Security Disability recipients on the rise (2)
- Preserving the state's stewardship program (1)