Job numbers we can count on?
For the past 14 months Wisconsin has led the nation in job losses according to accepted federal data used for years. Now, a few weeks before the recall, the Walker administration has released a new preliminary survey showing job creation.
I do not doubt the accuracy of the numbers but I do question the conclusion. If the other 49 states use the reporting method touted by Walker, their job growth would increase similarly and Wisconsin would still be at the bottom.
It appears that Walker is using a variation of an old saying, "If at first you don't succeed, change the rules and hope nobody notices."
- Veteran's perspective about Memorial Day (1)
- What conservatives mean by 'family values' (2)
- Game is about gaining control, keeping power (1)
- Owning guns is a constitutional right (5)
- Wisconsin benefits from Walker's spending cuts (1)
- Passing more laws will not fix problem (2)
- Common sense law means protecting people
- Those who disagree can be civil about it
- Background checks no threat to gun owners
- Stop the Dayton Chainsaw Massacre (2)