A big fifth inning helped the Weyauwega-Fremont baseball team pick up a 5-3 Central Wisconsin 8 win May 17 over Manawa.
The Indians came up with four runs in the top of the fifth inning.
Trevor Potratz had two of the Indians’ five hits, while Wes Alix picked up the win on the mound.
The Indians will open state tournament play at 4:30 p.m. today (Thursday, May 24) at home against Menominee Indian.
W-F is seeded third in its Division 3 regional, while the Eagles are a No. 6 seed. The winner will play at No. 2 Bonduel Tuesday, May 29, in a regional semifinal.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Comets fourth at EVC meet
- Waitrovich records three shutouts
- Davidson places in three events
- Comets win match
- Comets outscore teams 48-0 in last four games
- W-F boys claim CWC-8 track crown
- W-F defeats I-S
- Bulldog track teams hit their stride
- Softball team picks up three wins, two losses