WAUPACA - Fox Valley Lutheran swept an Eastern Valley Conference softball doubleheader Friday, May 4, from Waupaca.
The Comets also dropped a 4-1 decision Tuesday, May 1, at Ripon.
FVL 3, Waupaca 1
WAUPACA - Waupaca took a 1-0 lead into the fifth inning of the first game, but the Foxes came up with two runs in the fifth on Katie Doell's two-run single and added a run in the sixth.
FVL outhit the Comets 8-4.
FVL 3, Waupaca 0
WAUPACA - Olivia Eichhorst struck out 10 batters and held the Comets to one hit to get the win on the mound.
Ripon 4, Waupaca 1
RIPON - Waupaca came up with a run in the top of the first inning, but that turned out to be the Comets' only run of the game.
Ripon opened the bottom of the fifth with five consecutive hits and scored three runs after tying the game with a run in the fourth.
Waupaca traveled to Amherst Tuesday, May 8, and will play in Clintonville today (Thursday, May 10) before heading to Wisconsin Rapids Saturday, May 12, for the Assumption Invitational.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Track athletes advance to sectional competitions
- Waupaca runners plan first run
- Comet bats finally wake up
- Lakemen post double digits again
- Waupaca girls fall to Xavier
- Outstanding freshmen
- Waupaca, W-F seeded second for baseball
- Athletes moving on to track sectionals
- New London downs Shawano, Seymour