Area high school football fans can get a look at their favorite teams Friday and Saturday, Aug. 17-18, at various scrimmages.
Here's a list of teams and where they'll be:
• Waupaca: The Comets will face Ashwaubenon, Wrightstown and Hortonville at 10 a.m. Aug. 17 in Hortonville.
• Iola-Scandinavia: The Thunderbirds will host a four-team scrimmage with New London, Mosinee and Peshtigo at 5 p.m. Aug. 17 at Thunderbird Field in Scandinavia.
• Weyauwega-Fremont: The Indians will travel to Berlin to take on Berlin and Columbus at 10 a.m. Aug. 18.
• Amherst: The Falcons will had to Rosendale, where Laconia will host a scrimmage at 4 p.m. Aug. 17 that also includes teams from New Holstein and Winneconne.
• Wild Rose: The Wildcats will head to Titan Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh for a scrimmage hosted by Oshkosh Lourdes at 2 p.m. Aug. 17.
• Almond-Bancroft: The Eagles will head to New Lisbon for a scrimmage with the Rockets at 10 a.m. Aug. 18.
• Clintonville: The Truckers will join Green Bay Southwest, Green Bay Notre Dame, Fox Valley Lutheran and Appleton East at 3 p.m. Aug. 17 at Appleton East.
• New London: The Bulldogs will compete in a four-team scrimmage with Iola-Scandinavia, Mosinee and Peshtigo at 5 p.m. Aug. 17 in Scandinavia.
• Manawa: The Wolves will head to Manitowoc Roncalli at 9 a.m. Aug. 18 for a scrimmage with the Jets and Two Rivers.
• Marion/Tigerton: The ThunderCatz will head to Newman Catholic in Wausau at 11 a.m. Aug. 18 to face the Cardinals and teams from Lena/St. Thomas Aquinas Academy and Elcho/White Lake.
• Hortonville: The Polar Bears will host a scrimmage with Waupaca, Wrightstown and Ashwaubenon at 10 a.m. Aug. 17.
The season will get under way Friday, Aug. 24.
Scheduled games that day include Waupaca at Winneconne, Rosholt at Iola-Scandinavia, Weyauwega-Fremont at Algoma, Amherst at Wild Rose, Almond-Bancroft at Fall River, Clintonville at Ripon, New London at Luxemburg-Casco, Manawa at Omro, Shiocton at Marion/Tigerton (at Marion) and Shawano at Hortonville. Kickoff for all games is set for 7 p.m.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Track athletes advance to sectional competitions
- Waupaca runners plan first run
- Comet bats finally wake up
- Lakemen post double digits again
- Waupaca girls fall to Xavier
- Outstanding freshmen
- Waupaca, W-F seeded second for baseball
- Athletes moving on to track sectionals
- New London downs Shawano, Seymour