Waupaca scored four times in the fourth inning May 17 in a 5-3 Eastern Valley Conference softball win over Little Chute.
Little Chute took a 2-0 lead into the fourth after comingt up with two runs in the third, but the lead didn't last long, as Waupaca scored its first four runs on four hits, three errors, four stolen bases and a wild pitch.
The Comets later added an insurance run in the sixth.
Emerie Vasquez and Natasha Smith each had two of Waupaca's six hits, while Vasquez also earned the win on the mound.
Waupaca will open state tournament play today (Thursday, May 24) by hosting Berlin in a Division 2 subregional. Waupca is a No. 4 seed, while the Indians are a 5 seed.
The winner will play Tuesday, May 29, at Ripon or at home against Omro in a regional semifinal
ca is seeded fourth, while the Indians are fifth. The winner will play at No. 1 seed Ripon or will host No. 8 seed Omro Tuesday, May 29, in a regional semifinal.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Comets fourth at EVC meet
- Waitrovich records three shutouts
- Davidson places in three events
- Comets win match
- Comets outscore teams 48-0 in last four games
- W-F boys claim CWC-8 track crown
- W-F defeats I-S
- Bulldog track teams hit their stride
- Softball team picks up three wins, two losses