Gauerke wins pair of games for I-S
The Thunderbirds also handed Weyauwega-Fremont a 9-3 defeat Tuesday, April 19.
I-S 4, Shiocton 3
SHIOCTON - John Prahl and Hunter Gruenwald each had two of the T-Birds' six hits and Zach Gauerke struck out seven batters to get the win on the mound.
I-S also took advantage of five Shiocton errors to improve to 4-2 in conference play and 5-2 overall.
I-S 9, W-F 3
WEYAUWEGA - Gauerke struck out 11 batters Gruenwald and Tanner Krueger each had two hits in a win over the Indians.
The T-Birds scored three runs in the top of the third inning and added single runs in the fourth and fifth and two runs in the sixth and seventh.
W-F scored twice in the fourth to cut the lead to 4-2, but never got any closer.
Wes Alix took the loss for the Indians, who also had five errors in the game.
The T-Birds will host Weyauwega-Fremont at 4:30 p.m. today (Thursday, April 26) before heading to Bonduel Monday, April 30, for a rematch with the Bears.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Track athletes advance to sectional competitions
- Waupaca runners plan first run
- Comet bats finally wake up
- Lakemen post double digits again
- Waupaca girls fall to Xavier
- Outstanding freshmen
- Waupaca, W-F seeded second for baseball
- Athletes moving on to track sectionals
- New London downs Shawano, Seymour