One area boys' golf team and three individuals competed this week at sectional play.
Iola-Scandinavia placed fourth May 22 at a Division 3 regional at The Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids and competed in sectional play May 29 at Pine Valley Golf Course in Marathon. Nolan Wolberg and Tanner Olson led the Thunderbirds and tied for seventh with a round of 89 at the regional, while Ryan Przybylski tied for 16th with a 94, Andrew Bauer tied for 22nd with a 97 and Mike Blum tied for 30th with a 104.
Amherst's Jesse Peterson and Marion's Tara Schmidt will also compete at Pine Valley. Peterson carded a 79 to finish second overall, while Schmidt tied for seventh with an 89.
New London's Austin Elsner tied for sixth with a round of 79 May 21 at a Division 1 regional at Stevens Point Country Club. He will compete May 29 at the Wisconsin Rapids Sectional at The Ridges.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Waitrovich records three shutouts
- Davidson places in three events
- Comets win match
- Comets outscore teams 48-0 in last four games
- W-F boys claim CWC-8 track crown
- W-F defeats I-S
- Bulldog track teams hit their stride
- Softball team picks up three wins, two losses
- Bulldogs lose to Polar Bears, Spartans