Weyauwega-Fremont committed five errors, but still managed to knock off Iola-Scandinavia 5-2 Thursday, April 26, in a matchup of Central Wisconsin 8 Conference baseball teams at Iola's Taylor Field.
W-F took an early lead with a run in the top of the first inning, but the Thunderbirds tied the game in the second. The Indians took the lead for good with two runs in the third. I-S cut the deficit to 3-2 with a run in the bottom of the third, but W-F scored twice in the fifth.
Zach Gauerke had three of the Thunderbirds' eight hits, while Treg DeSantis and Tyler Hart doubled for two of the Indians' 10 hits. Trevor Potratz picked up the win on the mound and Dylan Olson took the loss.
The Indians improved to 3-4 in CWC-8 play and 4-5 overall, while I-S fell to 4-3 in league play and 5-3 overall.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Track athletes advance to sectional competitions
- Waupaca runners plan first run
- Comet bats finally wake up
- Lakemen post double digits again
- Waupaca girls fall to Xavier
- Outstanding freshmen
- Waupaca, W-F seeded second for baseball
- Athletes moving on to track sectionals
- New London downs Shawano, Seymour