Lady Bulldogs earn two wins
New London 6, De Pere 1
Emily Gorges pitched five innings, allowing two hits and one run in the Bulldogs' win over the Redbirds.
New London earned two runs in the first inning on RBI singles by Emily Wilfuer and Kelsey Fassbender.
De Pere scored one run in the fifth inning, but New London added four runs in the sixth inning. De Pere committed seven errors in the game.
Gorges pitched for the win, while CJ Beyer had a double and Emily Wilfuer had two RBI.
New London 3, Ashwaubenon 2
Gorges and Wilfuer each had two hits to power the Bulldogs to another win.
Gorges also pitched 5 1/3 innings to get the win, with relief help from Shelby Sommer.
Wilfuer drove in Gorges with a single in the first and after Kansas Walbruck scored the second run on a throwing error in the third, Gorges drove in Walbruck with a hit in the fifth.
Gorges finished the day 2 for 3 at the plate with a double. Wilfuer was also 2 for 3.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Lakemen have two-game lead
- Waupaca's season ends with loss
- W-F seventh, I-S eighth at state
- Tyler Hart named top player in conference
- Bulldogs pull off miracle win in title game
- Antique Tractor Pull
- Manawa's Block named CWC-8 co-player of year
- Manawa baseball players make all-conference teams
- Seven local athletes named to all-conference team