Kevin Moe tosses the first pitch of the season for Waupaca Thursday, March 29, during the Comets' season-opening matchup with Antigo.
Although the Comets took a 3-0 lead into the fourth inning, the Red Robins eventually took a 7-4 lead after five innings. Waupaca countered with a run in the sixth and two more in the seventh to tie the game at 7-7.
Neither team picked up a win, as the game was called due to darkness with the score tied at 7-7. The game will go into the book as a tie.
Waupaca hosted Little Chute Tuesday, April 3, for the Eastern Conference opener and will play at Little Chute at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 5.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Track athletes advance to sectional competitions
- Waupaca runners plan first run
- Comet bats finally wake up
- Lakemen post double digits again
- Waupaca girls fall to Xavier
- Outstanding freshmen
- Waupaca, W-F seeded second for baseball
- Athletes moving on to track sectionals
- New London downs Shawano, Seymour