It's been more than a month since the Weyauwega-Fremont girls' basketball team opened Central Wisconsin 8 Conference play with a loss to Wittenberg-Birnamwood.
Since then, however, the Indians have come up with nine straight wins, including a 63-30 victory Friday, Jan. 20, over Manawa on the Wolves' home floor.
W-F led 15-6 after one quarter, 30-16 at halftime and 48-21 after three quarters before outscoring the Wolves 15-9 over the final eight minutes.
Jenni Hellweg and Mariah Hulbert led the Indians with 16 and 12 points, respectively, while Danielle Austreng and Sydney DeSantis chipped in with eight each.
Kali Draeger led Manawa with nine points.
The Indians improved to 5-1 in CWC-8 play and 9-3 overall and faced league-leading Amherst Tuesday, Jan. 24.
W-F will also head to Wittenberg Friday, Jan. 27, for a rematch with the Chargers, who are also 5-1 in conference play.
- WN-Sports Twitter Index
- Comets fourth at EVC meet
- Waitrovich records three shutouts
- Davidson places in three events
- Comets win match
- Comets outscore teams 48-0 in last four games
- W-F boys claim CWC-8 track crown
- W-F defeats I-S
- Bulldog track teams hit their stride
- Softball team picks up three wins, two losses