New London High School seniors Ryan Ferge and Joe Kabble had skill and practice pay off at the recent Tech Challenge competition in Green Bay.
The Tech Challenge is held each spring at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, and features project display competition and live competitions around a host of career and technical education topics.
Ferge was awarded the Silver Medal, and Kabble the Gold Medal by competing against 38 other high school students in MIG welding, SMAW welding and oxy-fuel cutting.
Each had one attempt per process, with the SMAW weld requiring nearly 1.5 hours on ¾ inch plate steel.
Other NLHS competitors and award winners include: Bobby Hebel (Silver Medal, Machine Tool), Texas Herter (Silver Medal, Technical CAD), Zach Howard (Gold Medal, Technical CAD), Chazz Maney ( Silver Medal, Woodworking), Breanna Overesch (two Silver Medals, Architecture), Brad Siewert (Gold Medal, Machine Tool. Star First, Prototyping), and Zach Solberg (Star First, Technical CAD).
- New Author with Local Ties
- Beach Boys
- Energy Fair announces entertainment
- Car Fit Event in New London
- National Nurses Week
- VEGETABLE GARDENING 101
- Local to star in La Crosse production of "Les Miserables"
- Jenni Hellweg is WBCA All Star
- 24th Annual Energy Fair Now Accepting Advanced Ticket Sales, Volunteer, and Camping Registrations
- Lutheran Women's Missionary Society (LWMS) to hold Spring Rally