Cooked by Power Company
On Fri. June 29th, WE Energies turned off the power on a disabled gentleman. It was unknown that the power bill was not being paid until they posted a 5 day disconnect notice on the apartment door. The power was included in the rent which is always paid on time.
On Monday the 25th, I contacted WE Energies and they were unwilling to stop the disconnect. Not only is the renter disabled from an auto accident he is also diabetic. He now has lost all the food that Food stamps purchased but he has no refrigeration for his insulin.
How can this happen when you do not know that the bill has gone unpaid? How can they refuse to be reasonable during a heat wave and when the person has no income? If they can't freeze people in the winter how can they cook them in the summer?
- Energy Fair announces entertainment
- Car Fit Event in New London
- National Nurses Week
- VEGETABLE GARDENING 101
- Local to star in La Crosse production of "Les Miserables"
- Jenni Hellweg is WBCA All Star
- 24th Annual Energy Fair Now Accepting Advanced Ticket Sales, Volunteer, and Camping Registrations
- Lutheran Women's Missionary Society (LWMS) to hold Spring Rally
- CURIOSITY SERIES: BEHIND THE SCENES
- Iola-Scandinavia School Forests Accepted into Statewide Program!