What do staff members from EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh do after the 10,000 airplanes and 500,000 people from around the world go home? They go flying, of course.
On Friday, August 17, eight EAA staff members were recognized for their special efforts during the recently concluded aviation event with a special lunch trip to Central County Airport in Iola. Six pilots from the EAA staff, including EAA President Rod Hightower, flew their fellow employees to the Friday lunch that has become renowned among aviation enthusiasts in Wisconsin.
The group arrived in an assortment of unique aircraft, including two T-6 trainers from World War II and custom-built airplanes. They were a big hit at the Iola lunch on their arrival and were introduced by Hightower when he spoke to the more than 100 luncheon attendees.
Those employees honored by EAA with the special trip were from throughout the organization, including grounds maintenance, marketing, and finance. The group included Susan Levitte, Jennifer Bork, Nadia Farr, Barb Hall, Steve Taylor, Kevin Hazaert, Dana Heimos and Karen Gilgenbach.
- Energy Fair announces entertainment
- Car Fit Event in New London
- National Nurses Week
- VEGETABLE GARDENING 101
- Local to star in La Crosse production of "Les Miserables"
- Jenni Hellweg is WBCA All Star
- 24th Annual Energy Fair Now Accepting Advanced Ticket Sales, Volunteer, and Camping Registrations
- Lutheran Women's Missionary Society (LWMS) to hold Spring Rally
- CURIOSITY SERIES: BEHIND THE SCENES
- Iola-Scandinavia School Forests Accepted into Statewide Program!