Waupaca County sheriff’s report Aug. 14
• Aug. 14 – Caller in the 1000 block of Lawrence Street, New London, reported hearing three gunshots.
• Aug. 13 – Caller in the N2600 block of Shadow Road, Waupaca, reported he came home from vacation and his house was entered and he is missing a .22 pistol and power tools. He said contractors were working on the house while he was gone.
• Aug. 13 – Caller in the 200 block of Grove Street, Iola, reported her neighbor is drunk all the time and walked into the caller’s house yesterday without permission.
• Aug. 13 – Caller in the N1300 block of McAllister Road, Waupaca, reported her neighbor is stealing plants from her yard.
• Aug. 13 – Caller in the 100 block of Church Street, Scandinavia, reported a person in an older, dark red Chevrolet Silverado, pulled up to and started yelling at a group of kids.
• Aug. 13 – Caller in the N4200 block of County Trunk K, Weyauwega, reported a door to his house was partially unlocked that morning, and completely unlocked that evening. Caller was open carrying.
• Aug. 12 – Caller at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in the N2600 block of County Trunk QQ in King reported two males fighting in the parking lot.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the 600 block of Tower Road, Waupaca, requested help getting his brother’s jet ski keys and his brother’s wife took them and ran into the woods.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the E9200 block of Guhl Road, Fremont, reported a dark blue Dodge Ram is blocking his driveway. Caller went and banged on the apartment door and no one answered, but caller saw a dead dog laying in the living room.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the N5500 block of Madden Road, New London, reported he lent some tools to a man who then pawned them in Appleton.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the E800 block of Rural Road, Waupaca, reported at least 40 boats together with people yelling, screaming and playing loud music. An officer responded to find at least 20 boats and the stereo owner was talked to.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the E8500 block of State Highway 54, New London, reported two males and two females in bathing suits in a Buick pulled into her driveway and were throwing up. They were intoxicated and left headed to New London.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the E1600 block of Pine Lane, Waupaca, reported hearing gunshots from a neighbor’s residence. He believes it to be a revolver.
• Aug. 12 – Caller in the E4700 block of Railroad Grade Drive, Weyauwega, reported a small vehicle during burnouts in her driveway and people in the vehicle shooting guns in the air.
• Aug. 11 – Caller in the 1000 block of Covered Bridge Road, Waupaca, reported scammers called and said her computer was hacked. She gave her credit card information and was charged. She was later told it was fraud. Her computer was fixed and she was refunded the money and got a new credit card.
• Aug. 11 – Caller at Fulton BP, in the 100 block of West Fulton Street, Waupaca, reported a female riding in a blue Lincoln tried to steal things from the gas station.
• Aug. 11 – Caller at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in the N2600 block of County Trunk QQ, King, reported two $100 bills were missing.
• Aug. 11 – Caller at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in the N2600 block of County Trunk QQ, King, reported a member-on-member altercation.
• Aug. 11 – Caller at Whistling Pines, in the 100 block of County Trunk QQ, Waupaca, reported a 90-year-old male patient being combative with staff and throwing things because they won’t let him leave.
• Aug. 11 – Caller in the 100 block of Bridge Street, Manawa, reported a female who overdosed and is unconscious but breathing. The caller was told to stay on the line, but then hung up.
• Aug. 10 – Caller in the E8700 block of Seefeld Road, New London, reported he purchased a house and came in today and find the food gone from the refrigerator. It also appeared someone was sleeping in the bed. He will change the locks.
• Aug. 10 – Caller at ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, in the 800 block of Riverside Drive, Waupaca, reported a visitor to the ER may have just shot up in the bathroom. Staff found drug paraphernalia in the bathroom.
• Aug. 10 – Caller in the 300 block of North Street, Waupaca, reported going to get something from her car and seeing a male dressed in all black by her car. He took off running when he saw her.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the 400 block of East Ellefson Street, Iola, reported last night someone broke into his vehicle.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the 400 block of North East Street, Weyauwega, reported a male in his 20s approached her daughter and her daughter’s friend and asked them to go home with him. He was driving a dark blue four-door car.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the N2700 block of Lind Lane, Waupaca, reported a male opened his garage door last night. He is not sure how the male did it, but he was on his property when it happened. The caller also reported he was drugged while in bed about a week ago.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the 400 block of East Ellefson Street, Iola, reported his 1999 Dodge Ram has keyhole damage after someone tried to break into it the previous night.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the E2200 block of Crystal Lake Road, Waupaca, reported his house was broken into and someone stole 90 pills of hydrocodone.
• Aug. 9 – Caller in the 500 block of South Division Street, Waupaca, reported receiving threatening messages from people from Milwaukee, who previously smashed out the windows and started a vehicle on fire.
• Aug. 8 – Caller at Perry’s Landing Golf Course, in the 500 block of Mavis Road, Marion, reported six flags are missing from the golf course.
• Aug. 8 – Caller at the Weyauwega Travel Plaza Citgo, in the 600 block of Lakeshore Drive, Weyauwega, reported a gas drive off of $30. The driver had a black Subaru SUV with Minnesota plates.
• Aug. 8 – Caller in the 160 block of Pershing Road, New London, reported a five-year-old living in a tent with his mother.
• Aug. 8 – Caller at Rawhide Boys Ranch, in the N7400 block of Rawhide Road, New London, reported a 16-year-old male took 29 Tylenol pills.
• Aug. 8 – Caller in the N3700 block of Fox Trail, New London, reported her 14-year-old daughter is receiving sexual text messages from a strange phone number.
• Aug. 8 – Caller in the N1200 block of East Road, Waupaca, reported she purchased a candy bar from Goodwill and found a capsule inside that she believes in black tar heroin.
Crash on U.S. 10
One person was taken to the hospital following a Aug. 4 crash.
At 12:59 p.m., on U.S. Highway 10 and Anderson Road, Waupaca, Daniel Pickar, 32, Waupaca, was driving his 2012 Hyundai Elantra, when he stopped at the stop sign on Anderson Road, turning onto U.S. 10.
Thomas Kessler, 63, Davis, Illinois, was driving a 2015 Chevrolet SUV westbound on U.S. 10.
Pickar pulled into the path of Kessler. Kessler was unable to avoid Pickar. Pickar came to the rest in the median and Kessler on the shoulder.
Pamela Kessler, 59, Davis, was riding in the Chevrolet, she was wearing a seat belt. She was transported via ambulance to ThedaCare Medical Center – Waupaca for possible minor injuries.
Pickar was cited for failure to yield right of way at a stop sign.
Driver needs extraction
One person was transported to a hospital for possible severe injuries on Aug. 5.
At 10:10 p.m., at the intersection of Granite Quarry Road and Ware Road in the town of Waupaca, Christopher Smith, 21, Waupaca, was driving a 2000 Audi A8 Quattro eastbound at an excessive rate of speed.
Smith lost control of the vehicle, entered the north ditch, struck a mailbox and satellite dish, went through the intersection of Ware Road sideways, struck one tree, skidded and hit another tree and came to rest on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Smith was trapped in the vehicle and required extraction. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
Smith was transported via ambulance to ThedaCare Medical Center – Waupaca for suspected major injuries.
Smith was cited for operating after suspension, failure to keep his vehicle under control, and operating while under the influence.