Public referendum meetings scheduled
Listening sessions kick off Oct. 1
The School District of New London invites the public to seven listening sessions in October and November to learn about the upcoming Nov. 6 referendum.
Community information sessions will be held:
• Monday, Oct. 1, 9 a.m. at the school district office, 901 W. Washington St.
• Tuesday, Oct. 9, 6 p.m. at Sugar Bush Elementary School, W10736 County Road WW.
• Thursday, Oct. 11, 6 p.m. at New London Intermediate/Middle School, 1000 W. Washington St.
• Wednesday, Oct. 17, 9 a.m. at Parkview Elementary School, 1300 Werner-Allen Road.
• Thursday, Oct. 18, 6 p.m. at Readfield Elementary School, E9177 State Highway 96.
• Tuesday, Oct. 23, 10:30 a.m. at the Washington Center, 500 W. Washington St.
• Thursday, Nov. 1, 2 p.m. at the school district office, 901 W. Washington St.
The board of education unanimously elected to place a question on the Nov. 6 ballot to request $1.3 million per year over a 10-year period to address significant physical, functional, and educational needs in the district.
Due to the retirement of previous debt, school property taxes are expected to decline by approximately 16 percent should the referendum pass.
For more information, attend a session, call 920-982-8530 or visit the school district’s referendum webpage.